SAAS bursary for Care Experienced students 2018-19
8 August 2018
New and continuing care experienced students undertaking an
eligible college course will be eligible to apply for a funding
package of tuition fees and a non-income assessed Care Experienced
Students Bursary. The amount available in 2018-2019 is £8,100.
This new bursary replaces the current income-assessed living
cost loan and bursary package. As such, if you apply for and meet
the criteria to receive the Care Experienced Bursary, you will not
be eligible to apply for a student loan.
- £8100 per academic year non-repayable to anyone care
experienced starting their course before their 26th birthday
- Care experience means literally looked after at any point in
life (even someone adopted at the age of 2)
- Housing bursary of up to £105 per week for accommodation in the
summer (only summers linking academic years)
- Covers HNC/HND/Degree programmes
- Individual universities also have discretionary funding they
are keen to use (e.g. at Napier an extra £2000 per year in
For more information see the attached guide on the right.