Soft Play Assistant - Employability Fund - 15217
6 November 2018
12 week work placement. Successful applicants can secure a job
and progress to a Modern Apprenticeship in Playwork
Training Allowance of £55 per week plus travel expenses for the
duration of the work placement may be available.
Edinburgh Leisure is Edinburgh's biggest provider of leisure
services, with over 4 million customers per annum to their 30
venues across the city.
This opportunity is based at Ratho Climbing Arena. You will
provide a fun and safe environment for children. You will work as
part of a dedicated team to provide first class support and
supervision to children. This involves indoor working and holiday
What might a day in this job look like?
This is fast moving and varied environment. Your duties will
- offering a warm welcome to all children and visitors
- assisting your team in the planning, set up and delivery of
- observing and participating in activities inspired by the
- preparing snacks for the children.
What will I learn?
- You will learn how to be an effective member of the team
working in a soft play environment.
- You will work towards the Pre-Employability Certificate of Work
Readiness (SQA) during your 12 week work placement then progress to
SVQ Level 2/3 in Playwork.
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
This employer is looking for someone who genuinely wants to work
with children and is enthusiastic, friendly, and
Please Note: Due to funding restrictions this opportunity is
only for candidates who live in Edinburgh.
We will continue to accept applications until a suitable
candidate has been found.