Business Administrator/Receptionist - Modern Apprenticeship - 16437
7 November 2018
£7,500 per annum
Haines Watts Chartered Accountants Edinburgh has been providing
advice to businesses in Scotland for almost 20 years. We provide a
comprehensive financial advisory service that is delivered in a
personal, friendly manner. Being part of Haines Watts, with over 60
offices around the UK and local offices in Edinburgh, Kirkcaldy and
Glasgow, we offer local expertise backed by the resources of a
Working for this internationally acclaimed accountancy firm,
your role will be varied but will involve all aspects of reception
work, providing an exceptional front of house service to all
callers and visitors to the firm. Over the course of this
apprenticeship you will receive expert training and gain valuable
experience, developing a range of skills that will help set you up
for a successful career.
What might a day in this job look like?
You will be expected to provide an efficient reception and
administration service. Your duties could include:
- Responsible for dealing with all phone calls in a professional
manner and pass on messages as required
- Meeting and greeting clients and visitors
- Booking meetings and managing the bookings of meeting
- Arranging couriers
- Keeping the reception area tidy and professional at all
- Sorting and distributing post
- Dealing with outgoing mail
- Typing, filing and shredding
- Arranging lunch and refreshments for meetings.
What will I learn?
- SVQ Level 2 in Business and Administration
- Level 2 Core Skills Numeracy, ICT, Communication, Working with
others, Problem Solving
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities Workbook
- Work based learning.
When you have successfully completed your apprenticeship, you
may be given the opportunity to continue in your role or progress
onto an alternative support role within the company where you will
receive full training and support.
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
National 5 English and Maths or equivalent is preferred but not
essential. You should also have the following qualities:
- A friendly, can-do attitude
- A positive person to work with
- Highly presentable and a confident first point of call for
- Copes well with change and pressure
- Manages own workload and is proactive if help or support is
- Identifies areas for improvement and takes responsibility for
- Self-aware of areas for development
- Adopts calm and assured approach, makes time for people, shares
- Being able to juggle a number of jobs, whilst demonstrating
excellent time management skills to ensure all deadlines and
expectations are met
- Takes pride in all aspects of work.
We welcome and encourage apprenticeship applications from groups
currently underrepresented including individuals from an ethic
minority, disability or care leaver back ground. PeoplePlus
operate a fair and open competition on our selection process based
Before you make your application, please ensure that you are
able to reliably travel to and from the employer location on a
daily basis. Please check bus times/travel arrangements.
Friday 23 November.