Childcare Academy - Employability Fund - 16573
8 February 2019
30 hours per week - up to 26 weeks, starting on Monday 4
Young person's allowance of £55 per week
North Edinburgh Childcare offers care for children from the age
of 4 months up to 12 years in a range of environments that are
safe, welcoming and fun.
The Childcare Academy is an Employability Fund Stage 3
programme. In addition to attending training sessions, you
will take part in a work experience placement in a childcare
setting. This may be in a nursery or out of school care
What might a day in this job look like?
Every day in a childcare setting is different. You will
assist with a variety of tasks such as:
- caring and supporting children
- welcoming parents and children
- organising fun activities for children
- assisting with children's daily routines
- providing high quality childcare for the children.
What will I learn?
- You will work towards two accredited SQA Units from the Social
Services (Children and Young People) SVQ Level 2 Award.
- You will gain significant experience of working with children
by completing a supported work experience placement in an early
years care and education setting or an out of school care
- There will be opportunities to look at different progression
routes if you successfully complete the programme.
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
- You should be aged over 16 and unemployed.
- You should have a real interest in a career in childcare.
Why not come along to one of our Childcare Academy information
sessions. This will last approximately one hour and will give you
the opportunity to find out what is involved in our programme, ask
any questions and take away an application pack:
- Tuesday 26 February at 1 pm.
This opportunity will close when all spaces have been