Medical Receptionist - Modern Apprenticeship - 16581
29 November 2018
Fixed Term - 18 months
£8,746 - £10,337 per annum
North Berwick Group Practice, St Baldred's Road, is a busy NHS
GP surgery providing general medical services for the patients of
Based in a small and efficient Medical Reception/Admin team, you
will work 30.5 hours per week - Monday 8.30-5pm, Tuesday 9-6pm,
Thursday 9- 6pm and Friday 12-6pm.
What might a day in this job look like?
- Provide a professional reception/administrative service to
patients, doctors, staff, health service professionals and others
at all times
- Deal with patient requests face to face and on the phone.
This may include booking or cancelling appointments or assisting
with general enquiries
- Work unsupervised effectively in often complex and
- Use own judgement, resourcefulness, common sense and local
knowledge to respond to patients' enquiries, particularly in
assessing degree of urgency
- Scan or import clinical documents into patient electronic
record and workflow as appropriate
- File and extract patient records and any documents required in
the general work of the practice
- Collate and input patient information onto computer
- Administer repeat prescription system
- Receive and record payment of non-NHS fees
- Routinely check work related emails
- Read code and update patient medical records as per GP/Practice
- Book appointments for in-house Minor Surgery clinics in
accordance with practice protocol
- Any other reception duties assigned to postholder.
What will I learn?
- SVQ Level 2 / 3 in Business and Administration
- Soft skills (communication, teamwork, problem solving,
prioritising and organisational skills).
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
A minimum of 4 National 5s or equivalent including English.
We are looking for someone who is positive, reliable,
enthusiastic, mature and friendly.
This position will close when a suitable candidate is found.