Healthcare Support Worker – Modern Apprenticeship - 12 posts - 16890
10 January 2019
£17,110 - 19,470 per annum
NHS Lothian is responsible for meeting the health needs of circa
800,000 people living in and around Edinburgh. We employ
approximately 27,000 staff and provide a comprehensive range of
primary, community and acute care services for the populations of
Edinburgh, Midlothian, East Lothian and West Lothian. Across all
areas of care, we seek to provide specialist and general services
fairly and efficiently and to the highest standards.
NHS Lothian offers excellent career prospects and a wide range
of job opportunities for potential employees, and offers training
and development opportunities as well as excellent staff
What might a day in this job look like?
As part of a multidisciplinary team you will:
- carry out personal care duties for patients in support of and
supervised by registered nurses
- carry out assigned duties to maintain Activities of Daily
Living for patient care
- undertake associated clerical and patient centred duties, under
supervision of registered nursing staff
- ensure infection control measures are maintained at all times,
which will involve daily cleaning of the clinical area
- maintenance of stock levels of supplies and housekeeping
What will I learn?
- Depending on where you are offered a position, you will work
towards either SVQ Level 2 in Healthcare Support (Clinical) or SVQ
Level 2 in Social Service & Healthcare
- Maintain high standards of patient care within defined
- Establish a rapport with the multidisciplinary team and gain
the confidence of the patients and their families
- Ensure patient safety at all times
- Manage self within a complex dynamic clinical environment
- Maintain skill and knowledge level in clinical competencies and
- Address the equality and diversity needs of patients and
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
- National 4 or above in English and Maths
- 17 - 24 years of age
- Effective team player
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for working in a healthcare environment
- Understand and possess the NHS Lothian Values
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to carry out delegated responsibilities with in a
dynamic clinical environment.
Friday 18 January.