Trainee Chartered Accountant - 17114
12 April 2019
Fixed Term - 5 year contract (ICAS School Leavers Programme)
Geoghegans, established in 1918, is one of Scotland's leading
independent firms of chartered accountants. We are a 5 partner
firm, based in central Edinburgh and employ over 60 staff,
including 17 CA trainees and 7 Tax trainees. We provide a range of
services to organisations in a number of different sectors and this
variety helps to ensure our trainees have the opportunity to learn
something new with every assignment.
We believe that one of our strengths is the level of support we
give to our staff and our trainees. Soon after trainees arrive,
they are allocated a mentor who offers guidance and support
throughout the training contract. These mentors are newly qualified
CAs who understand exactly what it is like to undertake a CA
training contract. Our trainees also attend quarterly meetings with
our Student Counselling Partner to discuss their experience to
date, any work or exam issues and to participate in presentations
on relevant technical issues.
What might a day in this job look like?
- Working within a supportive team
- Producing management accounts for small businesses and sole
- Preparing VAT returns
- Preparing annual accounts
- Preparing corporation tax returns
- Working out of the office at client premises auditing their
- Attending ICAS courses and working towards your professional
- In-house training courses learning how to use the latest
What will I learn?
- You will work towards the ICAS Chartered Accountant
qualification. This will mean combining on the job learning with
studying towards your professional qualification.
- On successful completion of your contract, you will be a CA, an
internationally recognised qualification that is widely respected
in the business community.
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
- Awarded or predicted Higher B in Maths and English
- Higher in a business subject
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills
- Energetic and self-motivated.
Friday 31 May.