Office Administrator - Modern Apprenticeship - 17266
23 May 2019
One year (3 months' probation) with potential to continue on
successful completion of the Modern Apprenticeship
£7,800 per annum
We are an organisation founded upon the principles of Social
Innovation. Here at People Know How we believe in the power of your
ideas, and in your potential to create and discover innovative
solutions to solve wider social issues. Our aim is to support and
empower both individuals and organisations to mobilise their assets
and realise their true potential. We are looking for an
Office Administrator to join our team and work with us to deliver
on our Mission to empower individuals to be socially innovative in
their communities, by helping them transform their ideas into
action. We do this by providing the skills, tools, resources and
framework they need to deliver positive social change.
You will be based in our office on Ferry Road, Edinburgh,
working 37.5 hours per week.
What might a day in this job look like?
The successful candidate will support the Chief Executive and
the People Know How team in:
- Providing administrative support
- Receiving visitors and providing a telephone service in a
professional and welcoming manner
- Writing formal letters and other correspondence as
- Preparing and printing documents
- Ensuring that duties are carried out in accordance with Health
and Safety procedures
- Assisting with the ordering, control and distribution of
stationery and supplies within the office
- Inputting data and updating the computer system as
- Managing diaries and scheduling
- Providing hospitality to guests
- Arranging events
- Attending team meetings and taking minutes
- Sorting incoming mail and receiving parcel deliveries
- Acting as a first port of call for tenant inquiries
- Maintaining a tidy office environment, with some light cleaning
- Carry out any other duties as required.
What will I learn?
You will undertake an SVQ Level 3 in Business and
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
- Minimum of 3 National 4s including English and Maths and will
consider anyone on track to achieve these
- Good telephone manner
- Honest and open approach with the ability to work effectively
and in partnership with others both internally and
- Good level of written English
- Good organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good IT skills - knowledge of Word/Excel
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- A positive, professional 'can do' attitude
- Flexible and able to adapt to change to meet the needs of the
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team
- Friendly and able to work with a variety of different
- Driven to make a real difference with a shared vision and
commitment to what we do.
12 noon on Thursday 20 June.