Chef's Fryer – Modern Apprenticeship – 17269
13 May 2019
One year fixed term contract with potential to go permanent
£10,000 per annum
The Vittoria Group has been an Edinburgh institution since 1970.
This family run operation serves up some of the best Italian
restaurants in Edinburgh, providing venues for any
Chef's Fryers are a vital part of our kitchen team within our
newly opened restaurant, Bertie's Restaurant and Bar, on Victoria
Street. Bertie's concept is completely different to the rest of our
brands within the Vittoria Group in that our focus is to serve the
best "proper fish and chips".
We are looking for a Chef's Fryer to help ensure the smooth
running of the kitchen and ensure our customers receive quality
products and excellent service every time they visit the
restaurant. You will work 40 hours per week.
What might a day in this job look like?
- Working on a fryer range and learning from experienced team
- Food preparation, including potato preparation and fish
cutting, to ensure kitchen is fully set up for service
- Ensuring the highest levels of cleanliness and health and
safety are maintained at all times and keeping up to date with the
latest food safety legislation.
What will I learn?
- SVQ Level 2 in Fish and Shellfish Processing Skills
- Full training on a bespoke top of the range fryer
- A chance to build a career in an exciting industry where no two
days are ever the same
- Working in a top of the range designed kitchen, fit for
- Generous discount on food at the Vittoria Group whilst you work
and off shift as well.
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
- A passion for food and a love of cooking
- Ability to work well under pressure and be organised in your
- Pride in achieving the highest levels of cleanliness with
health and safety/food safety as a priority
- A desire to work your way up within a professional
No previous experience is required but having experience of
working in a fast-paced professional kitchen environment as a Line
Chef or Chef de Partie would be advantageous.
Sunday 2 June.