Office Administration Assistant – EL17271
14 May 2019
Part Time (initially)
Depending on experience
Christie Gillespie Consulting Engineers Ltd is a bespoke Civil
and Structural engineering consultancy with a growing workload
providing sustainable engineering design solutions to the built
The role is to provide assistance to the Business Support
Manager and business administration to a growing Structural
The role would be mainly based in our Musselburgh office, with
potentially 1 or 2 days a week in our Fife office (travelling costs
will be reimbursed for this).
What might a day in this job look like?
Assisting with the following and also providing holiday
- Answering telephone
- Incoming and outgoing mail
- Support to technical team to include copy typing of
correspondence, reports as required
- Photocopying, scanning as required
- Provide general administration duties
- Provide refreshments when necessary
- Office supplies and logistics
- Record keeping and filing systems
- File backup and project archiving
- Management of Technical Library
Quality Assurance and Health Safety
Assistance on the following:
- System monitoring
- System implementation and auditing
- Project records
- Recording minor transactions, receipt filing
- Assistance with invoicing
Assistance to others on the following activities:
- Website and social media
- Literature and Templates
- Events and meetings
- Bids and fee proposals
What will I learn?
The role may suit a school leaver who is interested in a career
in office/business administration. Day release training may also be
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
Good standard of education to National 5 or equivalent
The ideal candidate will be organised, punctual, committed and a
conscientious team player who is computer literate with a
willingness to learn.
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.